You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Exporting Titles #1
Bob Cotter's picture
by Bob Cotter
March 28, 2011 - 12:44am

Are there any FlickrExport users out there? I have recently made the transition from FlickrExport for iPhoto to Aperture and can't seem the figure out how to get a title exported. The developer has told me it is a preference and to which field in Aperture metadata to use as the export field, but I can't find it at all. Anyone else using this combination? Thanks… Bob

Robert Sfeir's picture
by Robert Sfeir
March 28, 2011 - 12:51am

I use it here. What I do is enter the Title keywords and caption in IPTC’s Content Section not Status where you have title. It also exports everything in Contact so be sure you don’t include your address etc… like I did and over share :)

FlickrExport developer Frasier Speirs is on Twitter if you’d like to contact him. Good guy.

R

James Stevens's picture
by James Stevens
March 28, 2011 - 12:53am

Bob, Are you using FlickrExport (File, Export, FlickrExport) or the Aperture interface. When I use the Flickr interface button, I cannot add a title before export. But with FlickrExport, it’s an option. Also, to get my signature on the photo, I have to use FlickrExport. Jim

Bob Cotter's picture
by Bob Cotter
March 29, 2011 - 1:05am

@James… I use FlickrExport to get my photos from Aperature to Flickr.
@Robert… I had never looked at the IPTC area. Must read up about that. Is the field you use the Headline field?

Robert Sfeir's picture
by Robert Sfeir
March 29, 2011 - 1:09am

Bob, yes that’s exactly it. The headline is what populates the Title in FlickExport, Caption populates the description you want to put in, and Keywords fills in the tags. I’ve never used the subject code or Caption Writer.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?