You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Export to Flickr problems #1
Tonemapper's picture
by Tonemapper
September 28, 2011 - 6:19pm

Can't get my head around this one.

I work with filters a lot so I always generate a TIFF to work from. When I go to upload to Flickr both versions (The Master and the Worked-on) appear in the Flickr stream in Aperture and USUALLY the correct one, i.e. the one I've been using the filters on gets uploaded to Flickr.

However on occasion the Master (unaltered, unnamed, etc) get's uploaded instead even though I did not select it for the upload to Flickr.

Any ideas how to avoid this?

I hope my question is clear.

Thanks.

TM

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
September 29, 2011 - 1:40am

Daniel,

I’m sure what you’re seeing is the effect of Stacks. When you stack an image, only the Stack Pick is what gets uploaded. However, you can have a different pick in an Album, which is called an Album Pick. It’s a little confusing but once you get it, it’s incredibly powerful.

I just looked for an article that I thought I wrote on this topic, and it turns out it’s one I never finished and released. I’ll work on that to help clarify things. But in the meantime, just know that only the pick will get uploaded.

If you want to share both, then split the stack.

If you don’t ever want stacks, you can disable the preference “Automatically stack new versions” in the General preferences.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Tonemapper's picture
by Tonemapper
November 10, 2011 - 12:43am

Sorry for not saying thanks!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 10, 2011 - 7:48pm

Daniel,

Thanks for stopping back by. It’s nice to know that the advice given is helping people! :)

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?