You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Emptying the trash #1
Heather's picture
by Heather
July 31, 2012 - 5:28pm

I'm running Aperture 3.3.2 on a MacBook Pro with OS X Lion 10.7.4. My working Aperture library is on an external FireWire drive (not enough space on my internal HD!).

With previous Aperture versions, if I deleted some images they were moved to the Aperture trash. I'd then empty that and they'd be moved to the Finder trash. There I could check and review before actually deleting them.

What happens now is when I empty the Aperture trash, I get the standard warning about not being able to undo the action, and the images are gone. They don't appear in my Finder trash.

However, after restarting the Mac, there are all the deleted images - in the Finder trash. I don't restart my machine that often, preferring to let it sleep when not being used. This trash behaviour is annoying, because it could lead to me believing my library disk is full when it might only be full of invisible deleted files.

Is this an Aperture bug? Should I report it to Apple? Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?

Thanks!

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
August 1, 2012 - 3:25am

I too have experience this. Frustrating

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Aye Es Oh's picture
by Aye Es Oh
August 1, 2012 - 7:18am

Definitely seems like weird issue. I’d submit it to their feedback page which you can get to via the “Provide Aperture Feedback” option in the “Aperture” menu.

Heather's picture
by Heather
August 1, 2012 - 5:17pm

It seems I’m not the only one seeing this. I’ve posted feedback to Apple now. Perhaps if we all do, it’ll be fixed in the next update.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?