You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Email Title Exporting #1
Lewis deSoto's picture
by Lewis deSoto
July 8, 2012 - 3:27am

In iPhoto, you can choose to include a “title” and a “description” after you hit the email key. In Aperture, you cannot send a “Version Name” or “Caption”…or can you? It is frustrating for some clients to get 10 images and not be able to refer to them. If I control click the image in the mail pane, then I can see the “Version Name,” but then I lose the preview. Am I missing something or is there a handy script or plug in that can enable the title/description to be emailed along with the visible image?

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
July 8, 2012 - 4:13am

Hey the Lewis Desoto from Otis parsons LA? I think I met you there back in the early 80s. I think you did a photographic deconstruction of a Mountain in SB. Still think of that.

Well I just tried what you are saying about email and the file name not showing. It use to so now I have to find the setting myself when I locate it Ill write back. Cheers

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
July 8, 2012 - 4:56am

well Looking around Im stumped. Hopefully some on will chime in. Now Im doubting that it did work. It certainly should. I guess I might of sent a proof sheet to a client and that would have a file name attached. I still need to replace Mobile me which I used all the time for viewers to look at images with names. Not much help. Still looking though.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Lewis deSoto's picture
by Lewis deSoto
July 8, 2012 - 2:39pm

DB: yes, it is I from LA, now living in the Bay Area. Were you in one of my classes or teaching at Otis? What a coincidence! Yes, the email thing seems completely wrong to me: not very “professional,” even iPhoto does it. My wife keeps a data base of 100,000 images for an art database on iPhoto and regularly sends emails with loads of images, all with title and descriptions attached. Even though Aperture is supposed to be more professional, sometimes I find there are holes in the usefulness of the program and I’m confused…doesn’t Apple have real photographers using the program? Recently, through a third party programmer, I completely redesigned the iPhoto ‘11 interface; these suggestions were made into bug reports and a couple of changes were made to its horrible new info window.

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
July 8, 2012 - 10:32pm

I taught there right after you. Don Anton was there and helped me get a job teaching basic Photo.
Im hoping others who have used third part sites will chime in. Again I used Mobile me and now have to switch to something like smugmug {hate the name). Moblie me was perfect for setting up a web page with hundreds of images and details. I know there are others I just haven’t looked for them but I really have to now. www.jalbum.net, www.dphoto.com, and the plugin SmugInProForAperture. have been mentioned . lots of info has been discussed so a search of the site will help both of us. cheers

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness