You are here

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
eBooks #1
Graham Hodge's picture
by Graham Hodge
October 2, 2010 - 8:47pm

I need help (my wife says so), no, I mean Aperture…I've used it for two years now but understand it little.
This site is great, and to get more I'm looking at the eBooks and DVD.
Q1. Can your eBooks be added to iBooks on iPhone4?
Q2. (since I'm a poor reader) what training DVD's can you recommend for a basics and beyond level?
cheers

Taking Pics in Tassie

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 2, 2010 - 11:17pm

Graham,

I hear ya brother, I hear ya ;-)

Q1: Yes they can. The eBooks are standard PDF, which can be added to iBooks on the iPad, iPhone and iPod under iOS4. They might be somewhat tight reading on the iPhone’s smaller screen though. At horizontal orientation it’s OK, if you have good eyes—and the iPhone 4’s Retina Display will help with that. Otherwise you’ll be scrolling a fair amount—they don’t reformat/re-flow like epubs do. They’re fantastic on the iPad, however.

Q2: I have my own training video, sold through MacCreate—check the trailer here. You’ll find loads of other videos on Aperture on MacCreate as well. Also, wedding photographer Sara France did a whole series (full disclosure—I shot and edited these for her) available on her store, here.

cheers
-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Graham Hodge's picture
by Graham Hodge
October 3, 2010 - 1:08am

Thanks Joseph, but to let you know the link to the video trailer is broken.
I’ll get the super glue.

Taking Pics in Tassie

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 3, 2010 - 2:46am

Oops! I fixed the link now… and here it is again.

@PhotoJoseph

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
October 3, 2010 - 4:13am

Graham,

I learned most of what I know about Aperture from Derrick Story who has several training titles on http://lynda.com You can sign up for a monthly plan for $25. You could probably get by with only paying for a month unless you get hooked like I did on all the other training they have. Derrick also has some photography training there and there’s endless Photoshop titles.

As if that wasn’t enough, I also signed up for Kelby Training http://kelbytraining.com where they have much more photography training but not so much on Aperture.

Even with all that, I still am learning from Joseph here on his site and with one of his ebooks.

Good luck,
Tom

Thomas

Graham Hodge's picture
by Graham Hodge
October 3, 2010 - 7:11am

Thanks Tom, I have heard of Lynda, I have a son in Denmark who is a pro photographer, he used to have an account.
Also Screencasts Online is a general mac apps production that does have a couple of Aperture features that I have watched.

Thanks again Joseph.

Taking Pics in Tassie

Graham Hodge's picture
by Graham Hodge
October 3, 2010 - 7:18am

Re. the Aperture video, the complete download - anyone know how big a download it is?
thanks

Taking Pics in Tassie

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 3, 2010 - 4:11pm

Graham,

You mean my video? It’s 2.55GB. Not small ;-) But it’s presented at Apple TV resolution, so 1280x720 and H.264. It looks great!

@PhotoJoseph

Graham Hodge's picture
by Graham Hodge
October 3, 2010 - 9:44pm

Not too huge, thanks

Taking Pics in Tassie

Cheerful Childrenc's picture
by Cheerful Childrenc
November 25, 2015 - 7:04am

Free Way to Download Video from Kelby Training to MP4, AVI, MP3, etc, Have you tried allavsoft,As far as I know, it can directly download, Here is the easy guide at

http://www.allavsoft.com/how-to/download-video-from-kelby-training.html

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness