You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does Aperture 3 really support pressure sensitive pens? #1
Rick DeNatale's picture
by Rick DeNatale
January 27, 2012 - 12:38pm

I recently got a Wacom Intuous 4. I really love the way Photoshop lets you adjust parameters like brush size using the pressure sensitivity of the pen.

I googled for Wacom and Aperture 3, and while I've found several items which claim that aperture supports pressure sensitivity, I can't seem to find out how to do it.

I was trying to brush an effect in and the brush size seems to be fixed by the dialog box. I did notice that turning the pen around and using the eraser end DOES seem to erase brushed in effects.

Is there a way to have the pen pressure determine the brush size?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
January 27, 2012 - 1:41pm

Rick,

Aperture does support pressure sensitivity, but in a pretty limited fashion. There’s no UI to change anything; pressure only affects the strength of the brush, with the current setting being the maximum it’d apply (at full pressure). You can’t make it change brush size.

You can however adjust the brush size by scrolling up/down, using either the mouse, a touchpad, or if your tablet has the touch sensitive strip on the side, that’ll do it to. My Wacom does and it was made in 2004… pretty ahead of it’s time, really. So if you’re brushing with your right hand, you can adjust brush size with your left. But no, you can’t adjust brush size while brushing; you do have to lift up the pen to do it.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?