You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Data Extraction #1
Alison Reddick's picture
by Alison Reddick
December 3, 2012 - 2:01am

I would like to extract the data (metadata?) in Aperture, found in the “info” tab, into a spreadsheet. I'd also like to include the corresponding faces information, without the images themselves. Is there a way to do this, or a plug-in I can use?

Tim Doyle's picture
by Tim Doyle
December 3, 2012 - 11:29pm

You would probably want to do this with AppleScript. I have successfully written scripts to pull metadata as well as Faces information. For Faces, I previously posted a sample script which you can view at http://www.apertureexpert.com/forum-applescript/post/1723201

Tim

Alison Reddick's picture
by Alison Reddick
December 4, 2012 - 7:52am

Hi Tim, thanks for the reply! Can you point me to any scripts created for exporting the metadata too? I’d like to export the information on specific projects, by project. Of course, I’m a complete novice when it comes to AppleScripts (and just one tick above novice when it comes to Aperture) so would need pretty much step-by-step instructions.

Thanks!

Alison Reddick's picture
by Alison Reddick
December 4, 2012 - 9:16am

I tried Aperture>File>Export>Metadata on a smart album i created. It worked nicely but of course, it didn’t include the faces information. However, the majority of information I’m seeking pulled in, including the latitude - longitude information. I’ll be able to create a nice cross-reference with the information provided.

Thanks for the post(s).

Regards, Alison

xihawof532's picture
by xihawof532
January 26, 2024 - 1:54pm

The Death and Other Details 2024 Violett Beane Leather Jacket will update your wardrobe. It is the preferred option for people who value style because of its cutting-edge design and exceptional craftsmanship.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness