You are here

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can't Open/maximize Aperture from Dock icon #1
Dan Fenn's picture
by Dan Fenn
June 22, 2012 - 1:10am

Since updating to 3.3, I'm having problems with Aperture and the dock icon.. This is what happens: If Aperture is not running, I can click on the icon in the Dock and Aperture opens just fine. If I later minimize Aperture and then want to maximize it again by just clicking on the Aperture icon, it won't “open” back up like in the past. Now what I have to do is click and hold on the icon, a pop-up menu appears and when I then click on Aperture, it opens back up. Anyone else experience this problem and know how to fix it? By the way, once Aperture is open, there is a little blue oval beneath the icon indicating Aperture is open. This is not a real big deal but is certainly inconvenient.

James Fisher's picture
by James Fisher
October 6, 2012 - 2:49am

Please don’t think your post was a waste of time as I’ve just had the same problem and your remedy sorted it out.
It must be a bug as it doesn’t happen on other apps.

Cheers again

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 30, 2012 - 6:51pm

Dan,

Not at all, we both learned something — I never knew that there was this option to minimize into the application icon!

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 22, 2012 - 4:21am

Dan,

You can click on the minimized Aperture window in the dock to open that back up. You don’t have to click and hold on the app icon.

And the blue oval has always been there. That’s how you know an app is running. Look at it under any app that’s running.

@PhotoJoseph

Dan Fenn's picture
by Dan Fenn
June 23, 2012 - 2:31am

Joseph:
Thanks for the reply. Reckon I wasn’t clear enough earlier. The problem is Aperture doesn’t open back up when I click on the Aperture icon in the dock. Other aps like iTunes seem to work fine when minimizing and then reopening from the dock. I’m stumped.
- Dan

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 23, 2012 - 3:36am

Dan,

I don’t know why it wouldn’t open the man window like other apps might, but the workaround is to click on the Aperture *window* in the dock, which will be all the way to the right, to zoom that back out. Are you saying even that doesn’t work?

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph

Dan Fenn's picture
by Dan Fenn
June 24, 2012 - 5:11am

Joseph:

So now I feel somewhat foolish and wasted some of your time. In dock preferences, I had the box checked to “minimize windows into application icon”. I unchecked that box, opened and minimized Aperture a few times, then went back into dock preferences and checked the “minimize windows into application icon” again. Now it is working like it is suppose to. Thanks for your help….hind sight being 20/20, I should have tried that right from the start. Oh well, live and learn, right?

- Dan

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?