You are here

1 post / 0 new
Can't create Vault #1
katy's picture
by katy
June 1, 2013 - 10:08pm

Really stumped. I am trying to create a vault for referenced ap lib of 119 GB. I bought a 1 TB EHD for the sole purpose of keeping vaults on it. I have tried 8 times to create a vault on it and every time aperture quits at some point in the process. By quits I mean it becomes unresponsive, beach ball spinning non stop and shows in activity monitor in red text as unresponsive. I have left it like this for over an hour hoping something would change but I ended up having to force quit aperture each time. I contacted the EHD company ( g Tech/ G Drive ) and the only thing that MIGHT be an issue is the original 2TB EHD which all of my images are on in formatted Mac OS extended and the new 1 TB EHD is formatted Mac OS extended ( journaled ).

So, super frustrated, I attempted to create a vault on my desktop. I know this is not an ideal place for a vault but I just wanted to see if the reason I could not create the vault was an issue with the new 1 TB EHD or some other issue. Currently I am 18 hours in to creating the vault on my desktop and for the last Hour it has become unresponsive, beach ball spinning , not responding in red text in activity monitor. The status bar for updating vault is at what I would call the 90 % done area.

Some back ground info: previously I have been able to create vaults with no problem on my original 2 TB EHD. I had also been able to update them with no issues. Then about a month ago I went to update my vault and this exact thing happened, aperture became unresponsive and could not update the vault. Since my 2tb drive is almost full, I thought maybe that was threads on and that is why I bought the 1 TB EHD to put the vault on.

Any thoughts?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness