You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cannot export any photo #1
John Doyle's picture
by John Doyle
March 10, 2013 - 4:26am

I can't find an answer to this. When I try to export to jpeg aperture freezes for a few seconds and then returns to the photo organiser. There is no dialog box to choose jpeg parameters or the save location.

In the console I get this message:

RVS:__54-[NSRemoteSavePanel _runOrderingOperationWithContext:]_block_invoke_0319 : Timeout occured while waiting for the window

I have tried all the database repair options but still cannot export.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
March 10, 2013 - 8:02am

Most console messages are written by programmers for programmers and only confuse me. I’d start with Disk utilities and check out permissions. Then Safety boot and then restart into single user mode to do an fsck terminal command (See FAQ), then do the three part repair of the AP lib again. Then delete AP cache and plist files then reinstall AP. Hopefully not all of those will have to be done. but those are my repair techniques that I use. Let us know what happens and hopefully someone else will chime in with the real answer. Shot Gun approach to getting back to work.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

John Doyle's picture
by John Doyle
March 11, 2013 - 1:20am

Thanks. I have tried all these but nothing worked. I then tried to create a new library to see if starting with a new library would work. Aperture won’t let me create a new library either. So it’s now pretty much useless to me.

John Doyle's picture
by John Doyle
March 11, 2013 - 4:37am

Ok - here is what I’ve done. Downgraded to 3.3.2 and everything works fine. Unclear why but on my machine, 3.4.3 clearly doesn’t work.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness