You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can 3.4.5 Run Reliably in Mavericks (10.9.5) as Joseph once said? #1
JimW's picture
by JimW
May 16, 2015 - 12:42am

I have been running 3.4.5 in Mavericks 10.9.5 with no apparent problems. Joseph once said this was possible and it has been working. Would really like confirmation of this.

If not, can I just copy the 3.5.1 application I have as a test on a  small partition directly over the 3.4.5 application I have on my main  SSD on a 2013 tube? Will the preferences and other Library items update to accommodate  3.5.1? If there was an installer available for 3.5.1 this would be much easier, but it is the only installer of Aperture that Apple is not making available, either on web downloads page or App Store (3.6). Really would like confirmation of both of these approaches before messing with my system. Of course I have multiple backups of the 10.9.5 boot drive with 3.4.5. Need to stay on Mavericks for other software. Thanks in advance.

JimW

JimW's picture
by JimW
October 1, 2015 - 10:35pm

Waiting on El Capitan for the moment.  I have a statement followed by a question. I am still able to run 3.4.5 under the last version of Mavericks, 10.9.5. I’ve found it to be quite reliable, but I do not use all of Aperture’s features. Is anyone doing this as well?  The Libraries upgrade reliably to 3.5.1 and 3.6 under Yosemite 10.10.5. Joseph mentioned that 3.4.5 would work on Mavericks and I am keeping the main partition on my 2013 Mac Pro on that system for the near future. I have a Yosemite 10.10.5 partition on it as well with Aperture 3.6. It seems do be behaving. Waiting a while to go to El Capitan. Have heard it is supposed to work, but I’m giving it a few months. Nothing there I cannot live without.

Any comments?

JimW

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness