You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Burning digital files to DVD #1
Erling Larson's picture
by Erling Larson
September 5, 2012 - 11:21am

I recently took a large number of digital photos at my niece's wedding with my 5D Mk II. After editing on Aperture I would like to burn all of them to a DVD to send to family members. I have found it easy to export these digital files to a USB drive, e-mail them, or post them to Facebook but I don't know how to burn them to a DVD on my MacBook Pro. Thanks for any advice you can give me. Thanks again.

Erling Larson III

John Waugh's picture
by John Waugh
September 6, 2012 - 6:38am

Put the Blank DVD into the reader on your Macbook.
Export the files from Aperture into that Untitled DVD folder by pointing the export dialogue that way.
When they are loaded to that Untitled DVD, press burn and assign the DVD a Name.

John Waugh, Photographic Images • Apple Certified Trainer• Sport Action Lifestyle Photography

Philip M's picture
by Philip M
September 7, 2012 - 2:10am

Make sure you export jpegs in Preferences. I usually export to a flash drive/sd card then select all and then select burn, etc.

I did this after using iPhoto a few years back and someone mentioned if you burn directly from iPhoto to a CD, one would need iPhoto to open the images on the CD.

Assuming John W response is correct, but if not, here you go. :)

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
September 7, 2012 - 2:47am

As I understand it, when burning a disc (CD or DVD) directly from iPhoto … the issue is not that only iPhoto can read the images on the disc, it is that the resulting disc is written in HFS+ that can only be read by Mac OS …

Conversely, when burning a disc from Aperture using the method John has shared, the disc is burned in both Mac and Windows formatting using the default Finder burn method, rather than coding from within the application like is done with iPhoto.

You can export the images to a folder on the desktop and then manually commit the burn using Finder, using John’s method just adds simplicity and no derivative files to house clean after the fact.

John Waugh's picture
by John Waugh
September 7, 2012 - 3:19am

Using the export dialog settings, you can choose your file type, size, watermark etc. for files copied direct to disk.
Aperture alows our office to customize files on DVD’s to meet our clients requirements.
When you are done save the burn folder and store it as a record of exactly what your client received.
Duplicate disks are easy to produce this way.
John

John Waugh, Photographic Images • Apple Certified Trainer• Sport Action Lifestyle Photography

Erling Larson's picture
by Erling Larson
September 7, 2012 - 7:02am

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. I’ll give it a try.

Erling Larson III

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?