You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Burning Aperture 3 Slideshow #1
charles costabell's picture
by charles costabell
May 12, 2012 - 9:57am

There is a slideshow I made that I want to burn to a DVD. I am looking for some ideas or thoughts on what programs forum members have used to do this.
Apple has a program that can do this, but I have no idea how well it works.
Thanks

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
May 12, 2012 - 10:13am

If you only want to play the movie in a computer, then you can use the Finder to burn a data DVD. But you probably want it to play in a DVD Player connected to a TV. Right?

I’ve used 3 different apps to do this. iDVD, DVD Studio Pro, and Toast 11 Titanium.

iDVD used to come with every Mac and was part of the iLife suite. The advantage of iDVD is it is simple and free. I don’t know if it still comes with new Macs since you can’t buy it anymore as a standalone product from Apple. If you have it, this would be your best bet.

DVD Studio Pro was part of Final Cut Studio. It hasn’t been updated in several years and FCS is no longer sold at retail. It has a bit of learning curve as well but it it can make a sophisticated DVD with complicated menus and scripts. Probably not what you need.

Toast can also burn DVD-Video. I’ve used it. Nothing fancy can be made with it but it works. I just checked Amazon and it going for US$72 at the moment. You can also buy it as a direct download from Roxio.com but it will probably cost more.

I think there are other apps that author DVD-Video but I haven’t used them. For example, Adobe includes Encore (a DVD authoring app) with their video editing suite Premiere Pro.

Another option is Final Cut Pro X which can burn a DVD-Video with a basic menu. You can also create slideshows in FCP X. But you probably didn’t want to spend $299 did you.

Thomas

Milt Anglin's picture
by Milt Anglin
May 13, 2012 - 9:10pm

I just bought Xilisoft DVD Creator 7 in the App store. It was discounted from $39.99 to $9.99 for Mothers Day. The label is rather confusing in that what is downloaded is Creator 6, version 7.02. While not perfect it does an OK job of burning an Aperture slideshow to a DVD. You can try a free, watermarked version at their website.

Milt

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness