You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Best Cloud Back Up? #1
Erling Larson's picture
by Erling Larson
September 23, 2012 - 4:50am

I want to create a cloud back up for my Aperture library. I will also have my vault and time machine backup on an accessory hard drive. Any recommendations for the best cloud back up to use with Aperture and reasons why? Thanks so much!

Erling Larson III

Erling Larson's picture
by Erling Larson
October 17, 2012 - 5:54am

Thanks Joseph and Allister!

Erling Larson III

Allister Jenks's picture
by Allister Jenks
September 23, 2012 - 5:26am

I don’t have any Aperture-specific reasons, but I can recommend CrashPlan. As I have a useless upload speed on ADSL I don’t back up my 270GB+ library to the cloud, but I do back it up to a pair of drives I keep off site, plus a local network drive. It’s the Backup Sets that make CrashPlan very, very flexible. Basically you can pick what you want backed up where with almost no limitations.

I just added some photos to my library yesterday and I know that within 15 minutes (plus actual backup time) it will have been backed up to the network and I know as soon as I bring one of those drives home and plug it in, it will back up to there as well. No intervention required - it’s like Time Machine on steroids.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
September 23, 2012 - 5:43pm

Erling,

I’m a huge fan of Backblaze and have discussed it here often, such as here: “Cloud Backup; Backblaze in the Real World”. Also backup was the topic of the last newsletter; if you haven’t subscribed, go to the top right corner of this page, and you can subscribe then view previous issues.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?