You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bento database - Aperture library instead of iPhoto #1
Hugh Macaulay's picture
by Hugh Macaulay
August 20, 2012 - 8:05pm

Has anyone tried to use the Aperture library instead of iPhoto's? It's probably just a matter of pointing to a different file, but I can't figure it out.

Cheers.

Hugh

Nigel's picture
by Nigel
August 23, 2012 - 12:04pm

If you have a unified Library in the latest versions of both apps in theory this should be possible.
I don’t believe Bento lets you decide which image library it sees, just going with whatever is in your Pictures folder.

The way do this then would be to follow the instructions for unifying the two Libraries, then opening the iPhoto Library in Aperture as using it as normal.
Hopefully Bento sees it, and off you go.

Even so, I wouldn’t go to the trouble. iPhoto integration in Bento is less than stellar. You can’t see individual Events in Bento, it just shows every image you’ve got in one long list.
I tried but it just wasn’t worth the hassle, but you may have better success, particularly if you only have a few hundred images.

Also keep in mind that Bento will remove access to iPhoto’s Library in the next version, along with iCal/Address Book integration. This is already the case with the new iPad version of Bento.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?