You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Backing Up Photos How To #1
Katie S.'s picture
by Katie S.
April 2, 2016 - 2:05pm

I understand how I backup my LR Catalogue but for the life of me, I cannot understand how to backup my photos.  I store them on an external drive.  Do I have to copy them overtime to another EHD or is there a way to only backup new photos as needed?  I watch a Lynda tutorial and they were talking about using SuperDuper to do this.  I want it to work like my Vaults did in Aperture.

Help please!  I need to get this system in place.

Katie

Katie S.

Stuart's picture
by Stuart
April 2, 2016 - 3:53pm

Katie,

I have been using SuperDuper for a number of years. Have it setup to automatically backup ever few days. It’s setup to backup only changes that have been made. My main external drive is a Drobo 5D that has 5, 3TB drives. Along with this I have two 4TB external drives (USB 3.0) that I use SuperDuper for backing up. I also have one external drive that I store off site (Safty Deposit Box) that I change out every few weeks with one of the onsite drives. External drives prices have come way down over the years. I just picked up another 5 TB external drive USB 3.0 for less then $130.00. Try to catch them on sale. By the way my current system is an Apple MacBook Pro Retina (June 2012) that I am looking to replace with a newer one in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers!

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness