You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Awful typing experience on iPhone #1
Morten Scheel's picture
by Morten Scheel
November 15, 2013 - 9:53am

Using Google Chrome for iOS on iPhone 5 running iOS 7.

Description:

A few thing:

1. While typing a comment reply to one of my previous posts, the keyboard became unresponsive for 3-5 seconds on two occasions (not sure how to reproduce, but I think I fixed it by moving the focus away from the text editor and back again). Or, well, the keyboard behaved normally, but no text was written to the editor - nor was it cached.

2. The line I was currently writing disappeared beneath the follow/share element (about 3/4 hidden). As an aside, I find the follow/share element a bit intrusive on such a small screen, even with the taller iPhone 5 screen.

3. Swiping down to the save button was a major hassle because swiping only made the textarea try to scroll - the rest of the page stayed put. By the way there was no reason for the textarea to scroll - I had only written a couple of lines. I managed to swipe the page up by grabbing the bottom part of the editor (the body/p bar).

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 15, 2013 - 9:52pm

Trying this out on my iPhone. 

this is a adding a comment (not a reply yet) and it seems fine to me. Here's a screenshot. 

After 

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 15, 2013 - 9:54pm

Once I added the photo it became impossible to edit text. I know I've seen that before as well. We'll keep digging on that one. But before, it seemed to be working fine. Were you in landscape? I find I can barely use the iPhone 5 in landscape for texting anywhere anymore. The  wide screen means there's less room above the keyboard and it generally sucks. 

@PhotoJoseph

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 15, 2013 - 9:55pm

This time I'm replying. Seems fine. OK in landscape it kinda sucks

@PhotoJoseph

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 15, 2013 - 10:29pm

As you'll see by now Morten we're trying different themes. I think what is on now is pretty good. In my tests, the mobile experience is just fine until you add an image. But to be fair, how likely are you to add a screenshot from your phone? I agree it'd be better if it worked, but I feel like this may require an app to do right on the tiny screen.

We're working on the oversized AE bar and share menu when going landscape. 

@PhotoJoseph

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness