You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Automating tagging of hundreds of images #1
Jack's picture
by Jack
April 27, 2014 - 10:12pm

This may have been done already, however I am not sure how to go about doing this. I have hundreds of images of different people (several of each person) everyday. Currently at the end of each day I manually tag all the images which is a very time consuming process. I have access to an ascii file that contains the names and numbers/id’s  of each person. Is there a way to add the image numbers to a spreadsheet with this information and then import/merge into aperture and automatically update the image in the Library? If this is not the best way to proceed, I am open to any and all suggestions!! Thank you!!

Jack Mancini ~ ManciniPhotos

Chris Biele's picture
by Chris Biele
May 7, 2014 - 10:33pm

I would try using Aperture's automatic face detection and just tweak it as you go. Once you add the person's face once they will have a “Polaroid” style image folder in the Faces view. Hover over this and click the little i for info. Add their id to the end of their name and then create a smart folder for each person. Now you should be able to quickly find people by name or number or go directly to their smart folder. Looking into this has sparked my interest and I'll be submitting an article soon, so watch this space…

CB

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness