You are here

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Auto Upload to Flickr or Facebook #1
Graham Parker's picture
by Graham Parker
April 3, 2014 - 10:17pm

Hey Guys

Im hoping you can help. Let me set the scene.

I will be operating a “1 minute photo booth” for my local arts festival.” Visitors turn up put on silly wigs , glasses , hats etc etc stand in front of camera in studio with pro lights and have pictures taken for 1 minute.

I will be shooting teathered into the most unto date version of Aperture. I would like to be able to upload the photographs as soon as I can preferably at the same time as shooting the next person. These photographs will need to be named using the persons own name to the Festivals Facebook page and or Flickr. I think it would be better to shoot in jpeg to keep the file size down.

So the advice I am after is the best work flow to achieve this.

Hoping someone out there can give me some guidance.

Thank you

Graham 

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
April 4, 2014 - 11:43pm

I don’t know of any way to auto-share to Flickr or Facebook. You can auto-share to iCloud, and you can make that iCloud album public, but you would have to provide the URL for that album to people and it won’t be the intuitive place they would expect to see them.

I did searched using Google to see if anyone had developed an automator action to do this and didn’t find nothing. I also looked in the OS X Automator library of actions and found no actions related to any of Apple’s social integration features.

Graham Parker's picture
by Graham Parker
April 5, 2014 - 12:58am

Walter

Appreciate you replying to the question. Looks like I will have to do all the naming and uploads at the end of the day.

Thank you

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
April 5, 2014 - 2:14am

Use an assistant. Teach them the buttons to push. You can shoot the pictures. They can name them and push them up to Facebook or Flickr. Event photographers do this all the time. I have talked with people who do this for a living. They shoot. Assistants take their cards, load them into the computer, rough process them, apply a few keywords and names, and get them up for display so people will buy prints on the spot. Motocross, equestrian, children sporting events, proms and formals, etc.

Graham Parker's picture
by Graham Parker
April 5, 2014 - 4:53pm

Yea that was my plan B. Just need to find someone. Just need to find someone!!

Thanks again for you interest in this question

DEFii's picture
by DEFii
April 6, 2014 - 4:05am

There is one caveat with the proposed workflow. If you’re shooting with a Nikon and are tethered to Aperture, the images will not save to the computer and the memory card simultaneously. This is a Nikon shortcoming, moreso than a limitation with Aperture. If you wish to see the product of your shoot in a large screen, but do. It need to have the files saved to a computer, try just connecting to a display. I have done this with a Nikon D800 connected via its HDMI port to a 55” HD flat panel.

Graham Parker's picture
by Graham Parker
April 15, 2014 - 10:23pm

Just thought you might be interested. I think I have found the answer.

IFTTT  https://ifttt.com/recipes?channel=dropbox

So Shooting tethered in aperture set the back up to selection to a folder in dropbox activate the recipe and off it goes.

Some drawbacks can only shoot in jpeg and no way of editing the photo first but there could be with some more digging on the aperture side

Graham Parker's picture
by Graham Parker
April 15, 2014 - 10:32pm

Just thought you might be interested. I think I have found the answer.

IFTTT  https://ifttt.com/recipes?channel=dropbox

So Shooting tethered in aperture set the back up to selection to a folder in dropbox activate the recipe and off it goes.

Some drawbacks can only shoot in jpeg and no way of editing the photo first but there could be with some more digging on the aperture side

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?