You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture Slideshows #1
Maureen McPherson's picture
by Maureen McPherson
May 14, 2013 - 11:02am

I am wondering if someone can explain to me the best setting to use when exporting a slideshow with the intention of burning it to a dvd after exporting. I know I have to export the slideshow and then burn it to a DVD, however, It seems like when I use the HD1080p setting to export my file is huge! Is there a better way to export it so the file isn't so large? I still want to be able to see it on a TV or large monitor without too much distortion. Any suggestions? I have to admit I just don't know that much about the different options you are given when exporting. THANKS ALL!

Lebram Allen's picture
by Lebram Allen
September 4, 2013 - 7:45pm

I use AppGeeker DVD Creator.

http://www.appgeeker.com/convert/burn-mov-to-dvd.html

Obviously it converts any video files to a DVD format and burns it. Doesn’t matter if the source is HD (1080P), standard definition, or whatever, converts everything like a charm and even creates a decent menu with chapters and everything.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
May 14, 2013 - 12:15pm

Maureen,

You should explain what kind of DVD you will be burning. If it will be DVD-Video to be played on a DVD player for TV, then you will need to burn the DVD using an authoring program such as Toast Titanium or iDVD. Otherwise it won’t be playable on a TV’s DVD player. Since a DVD-Video is only standard definition, you need a setting that is as good as or better than a standard definition setting. If I were you, I’d pick the AppleTV/iPad setting (not the 720p one).

If you plan to use the DVD in a computer, then you can use almost any setting that will fit within a 4.7GB single layer DVD and burn it using the Finder.

Thomas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness