You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture not responding #1
JOYCE MCKINNEY's picture
by JOYCE MCKINNEY
March 6, 2014 - 5:27pm

I have several different images and videos (mpeg) on my camera’s memory card that were transferred to it from another person (after a trip). I also have my own images. When I plugged in the camera to both look at the images and transfer them to the computer, Aperture didn’t respond. I wanted to transfer the jpegs to Aperture, even if I couldn’t transfer the mpegs (I’m still trying to figure that one out). HOWEVER, Aperture isn’t responding even when the camera is not plugged in and after I rebooted the computer. Any thoughts?

Joyceonholly

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
March 7, 2014 - 8:06am

Did the import preferences in Aperture get changed? Take a look at the Aperture Preferences settings in the Import section. Is it set to Aperture?

Even if Aperture isn’t set to open when a camera card is connected you can just click the Import icon inside Aperture to start the import. 

Thomas

JOYCE MCKINNEY's picture
by JOYCE MCKINNEY
March 7, 2014 - 4:59pm

Thank you for the advice. It’s now up and running again and photos have been imported.

Joyceonholly

JOYCE MCKINNEY's picture
by JOYCE MCKINNEY
March 18, 2014 - 8:35pm

Aperture is once again not opening! When I go to the Applications in the Finder and click it to open there (as opposed to from the Dashboard), I get the message “The application Aperture can’t be opened.” -1712

Any ideas anyone?

Joyceonholly

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness