You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture Library - Personal Images #1
Darryn Morgan's picture
by Darryn Morgan
December 28, 2011 - 7:30am

Hi Everyone - Seasons greetings to you all!

I am pondering how to reorganize my Aperture library with regard to combining family images and those images I shoot as my interest in photography grows.

I'm happy with organizing landscapes and suchlike - I have a Folder titled “Landscapes” and then create projects for the various shoots. I then have smart albums and suchlike for each project.

I'm struggling to find a good way to do the same with family stuff. Should I create a separate library? At present, I have a folder “Family & Friends” and then have a project for each year, with albums splitting the year into various events such as birthdays and suchlike. It “kind-of” works but I think it could be better, although when there's only perhaps a few shots for a particular event, creating a separate project for that event seems a tad over the top.

I'm not sure I'm happy with this way of doing things - how do you mix family shots with other projects? I'd appreciate hearing how others do it before I start a big clean up.

Thanks and best regards

Darryn

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
December 31, 2011 - 2:54am

Hi

use a separate library for commercial work and one for Family. When Im working with work I don’t want to see family. No offense to the relatives of course. david

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
December 31, 2011 - 5:52am

Darryn,

Personally I keep everything in one massive Library, separated in two top-level folders; basically “business” and “personal”.

I recommend you read/watch “ApertureExpert’s 15 Tips on File Management in Aperture 3” and “Live Training Session 003: Folders & Projects & Albums, Oh My!” as these will give you some tips and suggestions on structure.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Darryn Morgan's picture
by Darryn Morgan
January 1, 2012 - 6:14am

Thanks Gents,

I’ve purchased your e-book Joseph! I already have all your Live Training series so will review.

Thanks

Darryn

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?