You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture Import Problem #1
Tony Latalla's picture
by Tony Latalla
December 15, 2011 - 11:28pm

Hello Team;

I am encountering a new problem, where every time I import from a camera or iPhone, the pictures get imported properly, and placed within the “Photos” library.

However, If I import from a cd or usb stick, the pictures do get imported, but the do not appear in the “Photos” library.

I like to be able too see all photos at a glance as opposed to go project by project.

Has anyone else encountered this issue

Thanks
Tony

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
December 20, 2011 - 12:58pm

What is the date on the imported photos? If the date is older they may be getting placed further down in the window - especially if you have it sorted by date. Or do you have a filter set?

Thomas

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
December 23, 2011 - 9:38am

Tony,

Thomas makes a great point. If the date is set incorrectly on your other camera, then the photos may be showing up earlier in the timeline than you expect them to be. I’ve made that mistake before, accidentally bumping the year, and suddenly you’re panicking because the photos aren’t where they’re supposed to be!

Incidentally, photos are never placed in the “Photos” project (which isn’t actually a project). They are always imported into a new or existing project, and the “Photos” view is basically a built-in Smart Album that shows every single photo in the Library [screenshot].

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness