You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture Help problem #1
Laurence Martin's picture
by Laurence Martin
December 6, 2010 - 4:14am

I have Aperture 3 installed on my 27 inch iMac and my Mac book Pro. When I go to the Aperture Help screen, a window opens to tell me that that I have to have JavaScript enabled to utilize all of the Aperture Help content. As a result, I can search Aperture Help, but the content won't open. That is not a problem with the MacBook Pro where Aperture Help works perfectly. I checked the JavaScript preferences folder, and the iMac settings and the MacBook Pro settings are identical. I'm not sure what to do that to enable aperture help on a iMac. Remedies please.

Laurence

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
December 6, 2010 - 5:07am

Laurence,

Trés bizarre. I’ve never seen that before… there was a Javascript update back in October that ran for OS X 10.6 (Java Update 3). I wonder if that update went bad on your computer?

See if you can find that update on apple.com/support and manually download and install it. Otherwise, you may need to reinstall the OS. What a PITA… wonder why that happened.

good luck
-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
December 7, 2010 - 12:24pm

I had that same issue with Aperture help. I can’t remember how I fixed it but I found this in the Apple Aperture forums and this is probably what I did:

To enable JavaScript for Help Viewer, enter the following in the Terminal:
defaults write com.apple.helpviewer WebKitJavaScriptEnabled 1

The relevant Apple forum post is here:
http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=11092666

Thomas

Laurence Martin's picture
by Laurence Martin
December 7, 2010 - 1:34pm

Apple support site helped. Problem solved by deleting the help viewer preference file. Thanks for the reply

Laurence

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness