You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture / C1 / Photos #1
Rainer Leidl's picture
by Rainer Leidl
November 4, 2015 - 12:06pm

I am a long time Aperture-User w/ roughly 1 TB of pictures in managed libraries. My idea now is to switch from managed to referenced which seems to work very easy. I then will import the Aperture Library into a new C1 Catalog, leaving it referenced in C1. As I understand it, then I could work w/ Capture One AND Aperture on the same originals? And if I made a copy of the Aperture Library, I could open it in Photos to use the Photos Features like iCloud or ordering prints and books? Anyone out there doing the same or having thoughts on this?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Rainer 

bill@billbooth.ca's picture
by bill@billbooth.ca
November 4, 2015 - 5:33pm

Suggest you create a small library in Aperture of non-critical images( say 5 RAWs). Test out your process with C1 and Photos. If it works as planned, take the next steps.

You should probably NOT count on using both C1 and Aperture on the same images, since the RAW converters differ as do the methods of storing your adjustments. At some point, you will have to make the leap.

Personal experience says that you will enjoy the results from C1, although the lack of a good DAM process in C1 may present a problem. This forum has many discussions that you can study, including a Tip by this author.

Good luck.

Bill Booth

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?