You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture and Nik Software Problems #1
mike aiton's picture
by mike aiton
January 24, 2013 - 12:56am

NI

I have Aperture 3.4.3 and every time I use my Silver Effects Pro Aperture is quitting when I move the sliders too much. This never happened before I installed Aperture 3.4.3 and OSX (combo updated) to 10.7.5. I have trashed my Aperture prefs and I have uninstalled my Nik Software Collection and reinstalled with the very latest versions.

Very frustrating…

cheers

Mike

cheers

Mike Aiton

Charles Putnam's picture
by Charles Putnam
January 24, 2013 - 1:05am

Yep…it is frustrating. Nik…excuse me…Google blames everything on Apple and won’t take any responsibility, and Apple doesn’t respond/acknowledge any feedback related to the problem.

My personal feeling is that the root cause lies with both. Nik/Google could easily update their plug-ins to fix the problems. I’m beginning to think that Google’s real strategy is to take no action.

A couple of Google/Nik folks were interviewed last November on The Grid, and danced around any questions related to Nik plug-ins future. They wouldn’t commit to anything. http://kelbytv.com/thegrid/2012/11/30/the-grid-episode-77-the-future-of-…

mike aiton's picture
by mike aiton
January 24, 2013 - 9:16pm

that is pants to read. IN the meantime are there any workarounds?

cheers

Mike Aiton

Charles Putnam's picture
by Charles Putnam
January 24, 2013 - 11:32pm

urm….it doesn’t appear so (I almost said switch to OnOne’s Perfect B&W).

At this point, I’d suggest giving Nik’s tech support a call and raise heck. I’ll probably do that later today over the issues with HDR Efex Pro 2.

Charles Putnam's picture
by Charles Putnam
January 25, 2013 - 3:15am

Just got off the phone with Nik. Same response as in their e-mails that refers to a “known issue” going back to ver. 3.2* of Aperture. What’s interesting is that the original (v1) of HDR Efex doesn’t have the same problems.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness