You are here

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture 3.3 & Photomatix Plug In #1
Steve Crane's picture
by Steve Crane
June 20, 2012 - 8:11pm

Since updating to Aperture 3.3, use of Photomatix Plug In results in washed out, pinkish or sepia colored photomatix photos. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Aperture 3.2 did not have this problem?

Steve

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
June 20, 2012 - 11:48pm

Mine worked . Im on photomatrix 4.2 stand alone and recently got the plugin capability.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Steve Crane's picture
by Steve Crane
June 21, 2012 - 6:55am

Please try the plug-in and not the stand alone. I consistently get washed out, pinkish results with both raw and JPEG files even on photos that under 3.2 worked fine. Thanks

Steve

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
June 21, 2012 - 7:47am

Sorry for my quick answer I was on my way out the door. I did use the plugin but was trying to say I have the full version and the plugin. Not sure that matters. the plugin worked fine today.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Doug Weber's picture
by Doug Weber
June 21, 2012 - 9:21am

I use the plug-in almost exclusively. No problems when using RAW files.

Steve Crane's picture
by Steve Crane
June 22, 2012 - 1:45am

Thanks for the replies. I continue to have problems not just with new photos but with photos taken in the past that under 3.2 worked fine with the plug-in. These include both RAW and JPEGs. There are some HDR shots taken in the past, however, that have no problems at all. There is something wrong but just haven’t nailed it down yet. Will contact photomatix as sadly for me the issue is quite real and perplexing.

Steve

Steve Crane's picture
by Steve Crane
June 22, 2012 - 6:50am

Problem solved with the help of Photomatrix.com. When I upgraded to Aperture 3.3 I had set the ‘External Editor Color Space’ to my printer, a Canon IP6000 PR1. Evidently with the hues in some photos the plug-in would add the odd color wash. When the external editor color space preference in Aperture 3.3 was set to No Profile Selected, the problem was resolved. I’m not sure whether this problem would apply to other printer settings but it probably is worth checking if anyone is having a similar problem. This problem occurred with some of my photos, particularly those with a “golden hue,” but not with others so the problem indeed is an intriguing one

Steve

Doug Weber's picture
by Doug Weber
June 23, 2012 - 9:39am

Thanks Steve, appreciate you taking the time to provide an in-depth update.

Ah, that would not have been my first guess.
:)

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?