You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture 3 reverting to Aperture 2 #1
David Lucido's picture
by David Lucido
December 22, 2012 - 12:06am

Hi All,

I have previously upgraded from Aperture 2 to Aperture 3 (including upgrade of library). However Aperture 3 has now reverted to Aperture 2. The upgrade was online.

Following a crash and subsequent full Time Machine restore, Aperture has reverted to the version 2, and is once again asking to update all photos through the full library update. This may suggest it's 'seeing' the old Aperture 2 files on the iMac HD.

I now can't open Aperture 2 or 3, as the 'Welcome to Aperture' window asking me to update all photos appears on start-up, and I no longer have enough free HD space to complete - so I'm locked out.

The problem is that I have a vault back-up on 2TB drive containing version 3 images, and am reluctant to start reprocessing the older library.

Ideally, I'd like to recover Aperture 3 and restore from the Aperture 3 vault.

Appreciate any advice, guidance or suggestions.

FYI, I'm running an iMac, OS X Lion 10.7.5, 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

Thanks in advance, David.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
December 22, 2012 - 8:45am

David,

Since you have a vault, it’s easy. You don’t have to actually restore from the Vault — read this post “Aperture Vault’s File Extension Secret”.

I’d copy that vault to your internal drive (or another one, or duplicate it, or whatever, but do this on a copy of it) and follow the instructions in that post to open it up.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

David Lucido's picture
by David Lucido
December 22, 2012 - 10:18am

Joseph,

Makes sense.

Thanks so much.

Regards, David.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness