You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture 3 Brushes #1
Trevor Ager's picture
by Trevor Ager
February 10, 2010 - 10:45am

I had a quick play with the brushes. It seems to me that if you set say the Dodge brush to strength of 0.7 in one area and then decide to paint another area with strength of 0.9 then the original area is also changed to 0.9. It looks like there is a global adjustment for all brush strokes. Is it like that in Lightroom?

goh aun's picture
by goh aun
March 26, 2010 - 1:31pm

hI
i have a funny situation here , just upgraded to version 3 from version 2 .
Brush can be use on those photo from version 2 but when i import new images into version 3 , brush could not be use and i tried to import the exact photo ( same as during version 2 ) , the brush can not be use too , did you all have this problem ? may be could give me a guide on how to solve it .
thank you and good day !

alex@huggett.me's picture
by alex@huggett.me
March 29, 2010 - 10:27am

Goh Aun, that is strange. Are you sure it’s not the other way around? When importing older versions you have reprocess the masters in order to use brushes in 3. Where are you importing the problem files from?

goh aun's picture
by goh aun
April 1, 2010 - 4:30pm

Dear all , an update of my brush issues .

Finally i manage to solve this problem after may rounds of trying and even do the process of removing the Aperture.plist file from its location in ~/Library/Preferences in my home folder and even tried some other troubleshooting guides at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3805 but the problem of using Brush is not solve .

At Last , i deleted aperture from my application completely and reinstall from version 2 , then install upgrade version 3 , then install latest from 3.0.2 from Apple . Now it works normal .

Thank you and have a great day

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 10, 2010 - 11:32am

From what I understand you can add another instance of the brush. Think if it like an adjustment layer in Photoshop. Adjust to +1 and brush it in. Add another and se to -.5 and brush that in. Repeat.

Can’t answer to lightroom; have no idea.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Trevor Ager's picture
by Trevor Ager
February 10, 2010 - 7:48pm

Thanks Joseph. Looks like you have to go to the Adjustments menu. Click on the cog icon next to brush you have used and then select ‘Add new *** adjustment’. That then allows you to use the brush with another setting. Slightly clunky but I guess I will get used to it.

ie. In Photoshop, if using the Burn tool you would set the strength very low and then you would keep brushing over till you built up the effect you required. In Aperture 3 it is going to be quite different.

Much more learning to go!

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?