You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone on Retroactive'd Aperture seeing new problems? #1
PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
March 15, 2021 - 1:32pm

Hey everyone. Long time reader, first time… just kidding. It's me, your host! It's been a while since I've been in my own forums.

Is anyone here who's using Aperture on Big Sur or Catalina via Retroactive seeing issues like thumbnails being rendered as black, or blue, or upside down, or not at all? 

Please respond below if you do or do not see this, and what version of macOS you're running.

Thanks!

-PhotoJoseph (aka, “ApertureExpert”, from years and years and years ago…)

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

imageman's picture
by imageman
April 4, 2021 - 9:13am

First thank you so much for info on Retroactive software to use Aperture. I purposely did not upgrade my Mac-Mini from OS 14.6 Mojave to 11.2 Big Sur because I did not want to loose Aperture. However I bit the bullet last month, got Big Sur and was going to start using Lightroom. In desperation, I googled to see if there was anyway I could still use Aperture. I got your info and utilized it today. There is an Easter bunny. Will let you know if I see any problems with thumbnails.

Andrew Kayser

David W's picture
by David W
July 16, 2021 - 9:49am

I’ve been running Aperture for my 50-year archive on frozen Macs at 10.9.5, with iCloud Photos disconnected. Decided to try to get modern with the M1’s, after researching and test-driving nice Lyn, clunky ACDSee, and others. (Divorced Adobe, early adopter of remarkable Affinity suite, alas with no DAM).

Accidentally found Retroactive yesterday. Instant certification of Aperture, which then loaded cleanly and instantly on M1 full-core iMac. Things seem to be fine so far. I will give it a torture test today on a single small library, and then on a copy of the big one weighing 167GB (referenced). Documented issues are clearly listed, so not disappointing with no PhotoStream and no export of slideshows. But I can still use slideshows for review and sequence appreciation for shows and books.

I’ll post another report when I have a list of three things that seem confusing or problematic with the adaptation. Meanwhile big thanks and “You Rock!” to developer Tyshawn Cormier…

David Wing

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness