LUMIX GH6 SSD Recording over USB Support is here!
Photo Moment - September 20, 2022
The Panasonic LUMIX GH6 firmware update adding support for recording to SSD over USB is here! Learn all about the update, including what it does, how to install it, and get ready to mount an SSD drive on your GH6!
- LUMIX GH6
- GH6 DMW-BLK22 battery
- ProGrade Mobile Mini SD/microSD card reader
- Samsung T5 SSD
- Kondor Blue SSD Holder
- Kondor Blue USB-C cable (various)
- Kondor Blue GH6 D-Tap dummy battery
- Kondor Blue GH6 cage pre-order
- FXlion V-Mount battery
- SmallRig Black Mamba GH6 Cage 3441
- Accsoon F-C01 Follow Focus Controller
Panasonic Press Release
Panasonic Releases Firmware Version 2.2 for GH6
To Support Direct SSD Recording over USB
Panasonic has announced that the company will release the firmware update program Ver.2.2 for the LUMIX GH6 to enhance performance and usability. The firmware program will be available at LUMIX Global Customer Support website https://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/ at UTC 1:00 am on 27 September 2022.
GH6 Firmware Version 2.2
- Support for direct recording to SSD over USB
The new firmware supports direct recording and playback of video/photo using an external SSD connected via USB. It is possible to record high-quality, low-compression Apple ProRes 422 HQ (Maximum 1.9Gbps) or high-bitrate, large-volume 4:2:2 10-bit All-Intra directly on the USB drive (SSD) with maximum 2TB capacity. Data files recorded on the SSD can be easily transferred to PC via USB, which minimizes backup work, making post-production process more efficient.
- High frame rate video exceeding 60.00p cannot be recorded to an external SSD.
- It is not possible to record video and photo on the SD card or CFexpress card simultaneously while recording it on the external SSD.
- Use an external SSD no more than 2 TB in size that is compatible with USB Type-C. We recommend using an external SSD whose operation has been confirmed by Panasonic. Note beforehand that this is not a guarantee of operation on all devices.
- Latest information on the external SSDs will be available at the following support site at the same time as firmware release: https://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/connect/index.html
Through the firmware updates, Panasonic proposes future-ready solutions for more flexible filmmaking workflow using mirrorless cameras.
- Apple and ProRes are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
- The USB-IF Logos are trademarks of USB Implementers Forum, Inc.
- Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
- All functions may not be available depending on the situation.
- Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Other Videos Mentioned
🎧 Music in this Video
The music is from MusicBed! Get your first month free when you purchase an annual subscription by using my coupon code PHOTOJOSEPH at checkout! https://geni.us/MusicBed
🎶 in this video:
🎵 “August” by Red Licorice
🎵 “Noir Now” by Red Licorice
🎵 “Lighter Now” by Red Licorice