You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Yosemite want let me launch Aperture. #1
Patricia Hansen's picture
by Patricia Hansen
July 5, 2015 - 12:47pm

Since upgrading to Yosemite on my MacBook Pro I’m unable to launch Aperture. The message that comes up reads, “You need to upgrade to the latest version of Aperture.” Upon clicking Search App Store I’m then confronted with  – The item requested is not currently available in the UK Store.

Ugh! Now what do I do? Please, can anyone help, as I’m belatedly about to upgrade to Yosemite on my main iMac computer from Maverick. I’ve waited this long as I’ve had a major book project on the go and I didn’t want to disturb anything until finishing the project.

Thanks

Patricia

Patricia Hansen

Alan Cairns's picture
by Alan Cairns
July 6, 2015 - 8:50pm

If you go to the App Store and look under “Updates” do you see Aperture there? It won’t be in the purchasing area, but it should be available as an update.

Alan

by Patricia Hansen
July 6, 2015 - 10:00pm

Thank you for your response, Alan. Unfortunately, Aperture was not listed. Neither is it listed under updates in the Apple store on my iMac which is still using Mavericks. The only apps available related to Aperture are:  Learn—Aperture Edition, Exporter for Aperture and Big Aperture; all for a cost. 

I wondered if it  had anything to do with living in the UK so I switched to the US App Store, but got only the same response as I got in the UK App Store. It’s frustrating as now that I’ve imported my iPhoto library on my MacBook Pro to Photos, iPhoto no longer opens either. I’ve been away from photography/Aperture for quite awhile, so assume now that losing iPhoto is par for the course in Yosemite/Photos. I hadn’t even launched Photos on the MacBook before discovering Aperture wouldn’t open. I’m about to upgrade to Yosemite on my iMac main computer, but afraid of losing my Aperture library as I’ve done on my Macbook Pro.

Patricia

Patricia Hansen

rstreborg's picture
by rstreborg
July 7, 2015 - 1:16am

I had to delete Aperture before The App Store showed me the option to reinstall Aperture. Make sure you have a valid current backup before you delete.

Another option is to boot from a Mavericks system, update Aperture, then copy it to your Yosemite system. This of course assumes you kept a bootable copy of Mavericks on a seperate partition or external HD.

streborg

by Patricia Hansen
July 7, 2015 - 5:33pm

Thank you  both Alan and rstreborg for you input regarding Aperture etc.

I did delete Aperture and then under ‘purchase’ saw that I had purchased the app in 2012 and was able to re-install. Working well now. I wonder if the same dilemma will crop up when I upgrade to Yosemite on my iMac?

Patricia

Patricia Hansen

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
July 8, 2015 - 6:55am

Seems like a common problem so it probably will happen on every computer. It did on all 3 of mine. Unless Apple makes some change to the process before you upgrade.

Thomas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness