You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Workflow: RAW or RAW+JPG? as a pair? and the TIFFs…? #1
Esteban Ulmi's picture
by Esteban Ulmi
November 26, 2012 - 3:42am

I like a lot to play around with plugins from Nik and also HDR. But if I'm honest, a month after I come back from vacation with hundreds of shots, I still have my Aperture project full of JPGs, RAWs, brackets for the HDRs and the TIFFs after plugin. So per shot, that can be more than 50 MB ! So, I'm curios to know, how you handle this:

1. what do you import? only RAW or RAW+JPG? as a pair. Why?

2. after plugin, what do you keep? JPG, RAW or TIFF? altogether?

Thanks a lot!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
December 29, 2012 - 10:49am

Esteban,

It seems like your conversation didn’t pick up any traction. There are a variety of reasons to import both, just one, choose on over the other as the primary, and so-on. Really it just depends on your workflow.

My post will move this conversation back to the top; maybe it’ll get some attention. You may also want to post this on the new Google+ Community. This seems like the kind of topic that the community there would love to discuss.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Milt Anglin's picture
by Milt Anglin
December 29, 2012 - 12:40pm

I only shoot RAW therefore I only import the RAW image. When I shoot for HDR I process the images then create a stack of the RAW images and the returned HDR image with the processed image on top. I do the same with images I process in Topaz Labs.I use several HDR plugins and use keywords to identify which software I use on each one. Same with Topaz Labs and Perfect Photo Suite. I don’t see any advantage in shooting RAW+JPG. If I need JPG images I export them.

Milt

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?