You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Workflow and external editors/plugins in stacks #1
Rolf Schmolling's picture
by Rolf Schmolling
May 3, 2012 - 3:56pm

Hi, my workflow usually goes like this for my black&white images (Tri-X):

1) crop scanned image(master), adjust metadata accordingly (if I'm not too lazy);

2) make working copy, do further essential adjustments (retouching if necessary; curves (auto works most of the time); recover if necessary; a bit of overall definition (up to 1.0); adjust color because at recently I got some yellowish blotches on two rolls which differs from the reddish tone I get from scanning Tri-X in RGB – have to have a second look at your screencast for this; adjust metadata.

3) make a new working copy and do further adjustments: vignette (triple-vignette adjustment-preset: triple vignette ) which I partially remove most of the time; burn in or dodge; adjust metadata.

4) Make new working copy work; work with plugin: BorderFX to add border and copyright; saving back into Aperture 3.

One of many examples can be found here: example on tumblr

Now when I do this, the last – final – working copy gets stacked with the BorderFX-adjusted copy and disconnected from the stack where it came from. I wonder what to do abut this. I want to have a „final“ working copy so might be able to do a different BorderFX version for export etc, but I'd prefer it to be stacked with the rest of the stack it came from AND I'd like the BorderFX-copy/version to be clearly attached to the stack too. What do you suggest? BorderFX offers the option to replace the working copy send from Aperture with its' result OR saving back into Aperture 3 (so far my way of doing things).

Rolf

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 4, 2012 - 10:01am

Rolf,

I replied to your same post in the comments. Please try to refrain from cross-posting, it just confuses things here. Thanks.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness