You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Where do I find actual photo files after consolidating originals in Aperture? #1
Hersco's picture
by Hersco
April 22, 2015 - 11:41pm

I consolidated the originals of a group of referenced files in Aperture and chose to copy them to my Aperture library. When the consolidation was complete, I went to my Aperture library in the Finder, chose ‘Show package contents,’ found the Masters folder and checked to see if the files were there. As far as I can tell, they are not. I am certain that the files are supposed to be imported into the Aperture library, so, where did they go?

Hersco's picture
by Hersco
April 23, 2015 - 12:57am

Found them! They didn’t go into folders that correctly matched their date taken, but I did find them elsewhere. It’s strange to find photos taken on 12/14/2010 located in a folder dated 02/25/2011, but that’s where they ended up!

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
April 23, 2015 - 4:56am

The originals within the Masters folder inside the Aperture library are actually organized by import session. If you import on a different day than the images were shot, the dates won’t match.

Thomas

Hersco's picture
by Hersco
April 23, 2015 - 6:27am

Thomas, thanks for confirming that. I just imported a few files into iPhoto and the same thing happened. I guess i’ve been pretty timely with importing before and never really noticed that until I consolidated my referenced files. Now, I see that the various referenced files varied from the day of to a long time later.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness