You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
What do you use before repairing the Database #1
David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
May 3, 2012 - 1:01am

When I have issues where thing aren't working right in AP. I close all other programs and reboot the machine and try AP again without any other program open. After that I run disk utilities and then a program called “Cocktail” maintenance. There are other programs that run routine chrone clean up procedures like Iceclean, Onyx, etc. Just curious if others have found those useful? Any others I should know?
Cheers

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
May 3, 2012 - 11:52pm

Thanks John

I think they make Onyx too. Both free! I bought Cocktail before I new of Mantenance or onyx. Ever get into the terminal and run something .. fdisk? I don’t know much about that stuff. David

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 4, 2012 - 10:10am

You can do a lot without using other software. Check the FAQ for the fsck command.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
May 4, 2012 - 9:20pm

Thanks Joseph

I like that command line tool. I searched for fsck in FAQ but only found applejack, which I’ll look into.

Would luv to read your thoughts on Fsck can you point me to the FAQ? If I ever have overall system weirdness going on I do that as one of the last resorts be for I take the machine in.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 5, 2012 - 1:28am

DBmoore,

Oops I thought I’d included that. I just updated the FAQ entry “I want some hard-core command-line system-wide repair work done!” to include a link to the Apple support fsck page.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

John Waugh's picture
by John Waugh
May 3, 2012 - 3:00am

I have used Maintenance 3.8 and now Maintenance 1.5.3 ( free automator scripts) for years without problems.
I recommend them to my clients when they call with inconsistent behaviors in their computers. 1.5.3 is for OS 10.7
John
download free:
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/16790/maintenance

John Waugh, Photographic Images • Apple Certified Trainer• Sport Action Lifestyle Photography

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness