You are here

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Watermark #1
Luanne's picture
by Luanne
March 18, 2014 - 10:03pm

I recently paid a graphic designer to create a graphic text watermark for me. It was created in Photoshop. I would like to have it in Aperture also since all my photos are in Aperture. The graphic designer advised it would not work in Aperture. She is not familiar with Aperture. All you tube videos I have watched show the watermark being created in Photoshop and then exported to presets in Aperture. I cannot figure it out. The created watermark has a brush option which is the one I am using when I edit with Photoshop CS6 to add the watermark. There is also an action option and a place option, I have not used. HELP - can it be exported to the presets in Aperture?

Luanne

bjurasz's picture
by bjurasz
March 18, 2014 - 10:09pm

She is not familiar with Aperture and yet still says it will not work?  Hmm….  ;)

Aperture can apply watermarks upon export using an export preset easily.  What you need is a PNG file with a transparent background.  Import this PNG into Aperture into some project somewhere.  Then you define an export preset and specify that it use a watermark, and give it this PNG file as the watermark.

I’ve done it.  I know it can be done.  :)

Bill Jurasz
Austin Texas

Luanne's picture
by Luanne
March 18, 2014 - 11:23pm

Yes she included a PNG file - I will give the import a try and get back with you. Thank you!

Luanne

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
March 19, 2014 - 3:19am

You don’t have to import it into Aperture. You just have to create export presets that use a watermark and select the PNG as the graphic to use.

Luanne's picture
by Luanne
March 19, 2014 - 9:43pm

Could you give me instructions on creating export presets using watermarks in Aperture? Or a good link with instructions? Thank you!

Luanne

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
March 20, 2014 - 2:23am

The Apple Aperture manual has excellent documentation on this.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/aperture/usermanual/index.html#chapter…

Luanne's picture
by Luanne
March 28, 2014 - 1:53am

Thank you?

Luanne

CarrieTalmadge's picture
by CarrieTalmadge
August 24, 2015 - 12:02pm

Hi Luanne, if you don’t exhaust to just use between PS and Aperture, you can easily get this done by simply getting help from a third party tool. I recommend you  a photo watermark & a video watermark, which can easily convert between PS and Aperture, first for picture, second for video.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness