You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vaults #1
Kelly Sleeper's picture
by Kelly Sleeper
August 28, 2014 - 3:51pm

So I had been keeping a vault backup, time machine and a flat copy of a managed library.   Due to an issue on the iMac I had to delete the library and when I went to restore the vault kept saying there wasn’t enough disk space.   Having been in IT for 20 years doing disk service I am knowledgeable about disk space and how disk works.   So yes I had plenty of disk space. I then went on to restore from the Time Machine made new backups and went on.   I guess I was curious about the restore and choosing a different drive or does it always go back where it was backed up from?  

It’s not a part of the problem but the library is 1.5 T.      I’m slowly exporting sections into multiple libraries but have lost confidence in the vaults.

Kelly

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
August 28, 2014 - 7:54pm

Not sure I faulty understand your problem, but note Vaults are Aperture Libraries with a different extension; a little poking around here will find the relevant tip/article if you want to look further.

d.

Kelly Sleeper's picture
by Kelly Sleeper
August 28, 2014 - 8:13pm

Well I had lost some photos and went to restore the vault that had the data in it.  It said it couldn’t restore due to disk space.  So since I had multiple backups I just deleted the library and tried restore again.   It still complained about available disk space.    

After your comment does that mean I can change the extension and just open it as a library?    (note I’ll search on this) 

Not a biggie, I have it backed up and working.. but if the Vaults are flaky I’m not going to waste disk space with them.  :)  

Thanks for the response

Kelly

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
August 29, 2014 - 10:14am

Yes search for how to open! There is something here!

cheers

d.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness