You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vault problems #1
steve dunleavy's picture
by steve dunleavy
December 31, 2012 - 2:08am

Hi folks -

Just bought a new Macbook Pro running aperture 3.4.3. I'm trying to import all my images from aperture 2.1.4 vaults, but having problems.

While the projects and images are all importing into the new MBP, each image has that yellow triangle / apostrophe icon, indicating the image is referenced, but not a master? I don't get it - I thought the vault would only back up managed, full res images? The exif data is all there, inicating the proper image size, date, keywords, etc., but when I go to the “adjustments” panel, it's all dimmed and says image not found.

What gives? Did I create the original vault incorrectly? I've still got the images stored on the old computer, and the vaults are intact on an external drive, but I can't seem to get the whole enchilada into the new machine.

Newbie here, appreciate any help…

Steve

John Waugh's picture
by John Waugh
January 1, 2013 - 2:32am

It sounds like you were using Aperture in referenced mode on your old computer.
If your old library was “referenced” rather than “managed” you need to move your master image files to your new computer and then point Aperture to those files. The “vault” will back up your library of adjustments, metadata and exif whether you are working referenced or managed, but in referenced it will not back up the master files from your old computer.

John Waugh, Photographic Images • Apple Certified Trainer• Sport Action Lifestyle Photography

steve dunleavy's picture
by steve dunleavy
January 1, 2013 - 10:46am

Thanks for the reply. After bit of reading and research, I came to the same conclusion.
I consolidted the masters in the Aperture library, created a new vault, and presto! restored everything to the new machine.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness