You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vault larger than library #1
Kevin Miller's picture
by Kevin Miller
September 26, 2012 - 4:04am

I just created new vaults from a couple of my libraries in Aperture 3.3.2. The sizes of the libraries are roughly 60 GB and 150 GB. Usually my vaults are slightly smaller than the libraries which I assume is normal. But this time the vaults are larger than the libraries. The vault for the larger library, for instance, is about 15 GB larger than the library itself. This leaves me a bit uneasy on whether the data is being dealt with properly.
I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.
Thank you,
Kevin

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
September 26, 2012 - 9:12pm

Hi Kevin
If you have HD space make a totally new vault and compare its size with the old Vault. Your old Vault may be bloated for some reason. Repair and rebuild your Library before making a new Vault so you are starting fresh. The larger Vault would be from larger saved previews or you made more previews that you thought you had. Check your preferences for your preview settings. As Doctors say “Buy larger HDs and call me in the morning: Cheers (hope that dosent sound flippant)

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Jonathan Panoff's picture
by Jonathan Panoff
February 28, 2015 - 6:05pm

This may solve the confusion. I had a similar problem and it has to do with how aperture treats changes to preview sizes. It DOES NOT automatically change all  the existing previews to the new specified size. When you change the preview size it just says “Oh OK so you want me to use that size from THIS POINT IN TIME..” To change existing preview sizes you need to select which masters you want to change and then force aperture to regenerate to the new size.. This article explains how..

Aperture: Previews do not update after changing Limit Preview Size Preference - Apple Support

I hope this helps a lot of people as I was looking for an answer for days on this too…

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?