You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vault bigger than library... #1
martlaucas's picture
by martlaucas
November 22, 2013 - 1:26am

Hi I just began using the vault and on my first backup, I noticed my vault is 30% larger in space than my library. I looked and saw its the previews that take that much space.

First question: Is there a way to configure the previews in the vault or no?

Second question: Is the vault system same as time machine? ::: Does it continue to grow and grow till your HD is full and after it erases the older backups or does it erases the old library backup each time you update it?

Third question: Can you configure with a script or not a way so it backs up automatically each time you close Aperture?

Thanks for the time you take for your answers!

Martin Laurier, www.focusimages.ca
5d3, 70d, lots of glass...

john's picture
by john
December 4, 2013 - 3:46pm

Hi,

I’m not sure about the script question, but for the others, I think the following link could be helpful.

http://documentation.apple.com/search/#q=vault

Jonathan Panoff's picture
by Jonathan Panoff
February 28, 2015 - 6:03pm

Hi Martlaucus

This may solve the confusion. I had a similar problem and it has to do with how aperture treats changes to preview sizes. It DOES NOT automatically change all  the existing previews to the new specified size. When you change the preview size it just says “Oh OK so you want me to use that size from THIS POINT IN TIME..” To change existing preview sizes you need to select which masters you want to change and then force aperture to regenerate to the new size.. This article explains how..

Aperture: Previews do not update after changing Limit Preview Size Preference - Apple Support

I hope this helps a lot of people as I was looking for an answer for days on this too…

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness