You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
v3.4.3 Export issues...50% = 25% #1
Lee Potter's picture
by Lee Potter
November 18, 2012 - 7:13pm

Hey!
So, weird and very annoying issue since upgrading to 3.4.3. Part of my workflow is to send 50% size jpegs to clients, I shoot full frame so it's nice to give them large files. The natural resolution of most of my images is 6048x4032, so naturally the images I send when I Export>Version are 3024x2016. Not since the upgrade though. Irrespective of whether I Export>Version at 50% or 25% the resolution is always 25% of the size.

This is massively annoying and really interrupts my workflow, having to kick everything out into Photoshop so that I can resize manually is a pain. Does anyone have any tips/solutions? I had a little dig around the internet yesterday and couldn't find anything.

Oh, I'm using the latest OS X on an iMac. Plenty of disk space, nothing has changed in between updating.

Thanks,

Lee
art star PHOTOGRAPHiC
www.artstarphotographic.com

Jim Burgess's picture
by Jim Burgess
November 18, 2012 - 9:26pm

Hmmm…can’t verify this issue on my version of 3.4.3 running on OS X 10.8.2 so a couple of questions…

You mention a 25% preset…did you create a new preset to export at 25%, modify the existing 50% preset, or what?

Have you checked the obvious…is the percentage specified in the 50% preset still set at 50%?

Have you tied restoring “Export Presets.plist” from an backup to see if that fixes the problem? (See “Backing Up & Moving Aperture Presets” on this site for more info if you need it).

Lee Potter's picture
by Lee Potter
November 18, 2012 - 10:23pm

Hi Jim,
Thanks for your reply. When I first read the ‘have you checked the obvious?’ bit my response was ‘how dare you, of course I…oh, wait…’! You got me straight to the problem, the setting for the ‘50%’ preset was set at 25%. No idea how that happened, but I’ve fixed and also bumped the quality settings up a bit, so double victory. I shall have to take a closer look at the rest of the presets.

Thanks for your help Mr Burgess!

Lee
art star PHOTOGRAPHiC
www.artstarphotographic.com

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?