You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Using Aperture to store video and audio #1
ProfBill's picture
by ProfBill
August 9, 2013 - 11:40pm

A quick question that may not be so quick.

I have started to think about using Final Cut Pro to create short productions including stills, video, and sound. I have been reading some of the FCP X blogs and most describe a workflow where video is stored in a folder on a hard drive rather than stored in Aperture.

Is there a good reason to remove the video files from Aperture or is this just a movie maker’s perspective.

Additionally any thoughts about storing audio captures from a digital recorder. In Aperture or in a folder on a hard drive??

Thanks!!

Bill

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
August 10, 2013 - 1:40am

All my files, whether images or video are stored as reference … I have over 12TB of media … using managed libraries would be a bit of a task … so while my video clips are cataloged in Aperture along with the still images from the same project … they are easily accessible to other apps directly outside of Aperture … though, if you do this, you have to be willing to be steadfast in not moving the files or rename them outside of Aperture once they have been imported.

I don’t know much about FCP, but will likely be adding it to my arsenal once the next iteration of Aperture appears … I would hope that the next version would be more closely linked with FCP, as video from DSLR’s is pretty much status quo now as compared to when Aperture was first introduced and the fact that Apple has a rich history of their app family working well together …

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?