You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Update Vault Error with Aperture 2 #1
Donald Boys's picture
by Donald Boys
February 16, 2010 - 5:25am

I can no longer update my Aperture 2.1.4 vault. Since installing Snow Leopard, I first noticed my iPhone would no longer sync pictures via Aperture 2, but would via iPhoto. Now I find I also cannot update vault to an external drive. Have redone permissions, rebuilt Aperture library, tried to create new vaults on the original external drive and the internal drive. Always get same “Update Vault Error” response and images don’t appear to go into the vault. I see similar posts with no solution. My Aperture Library has 14000 photos.

I wonder if these problems will carry over to an Aperture 3 library.

Don Boys

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 17, 2010 - 6:12am

Donald,

I haven’t had that problem myself, but I’d recommend that you start with a new vault in Aperture 3. Seems the safest thing to do. And of course, make a duplicate copy of your Aperture 2 library on another drive before beginning the update.

In fact I’ve seen a lot of people run out of space during the upgrade, so I’d say MOVE the library off the drive, and make a duplicate of it, THEN import that into a new Aperture 3 library. Or if you are going to simply “upgrade” it, then be sure you have at least the same amount of free space as the size of your library—or more.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?