You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Unsupported Format #1
stephen justice's picture
by stephen justice
May 6, 2012 - 2:19pm

I have 180 images on my CF card that I shot in Raw compressed 12 bit format (I used a Nikon 800E for the first time ); Aperture says the format is not supported??–they look fine in the camera playback mode, but Aperture wants nothing to do with them. How can I get Aperture to like them?

stephen r justice

Sarah Mawdsley's picture
by Sarah Mawdsley
May 6, 2012 - 3:50pm

Have you checked that you have installed all the recent software updates? I have the Nikon D800 (not the E) and the RAW update was included in one of the software updates in March (I don’t know if it included the E or not).

If it was not part of the recent software updates, then I would expect it’s coming soon, Apple were pretty fast this time around (unlike Adobe) with their RAW updates.

stephen justice's picture
by stephen justice
May 6, 2012 - 11:39pm

I downloaded the recent Aperture enhancements and shot this time in 14 bit uncompressed format and got the same error message–unsupported format; have no problem with JPEG format. Is this an Aperture problem or 880E problem?

stephen r justice

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
May 6, 2012 - 11:58pm

I believe the D800 is supported but not yet the D800E. You might try the Nikon software to get it to a tiff or Adobes DNG

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Sarah Mawdsley's picture
by Sarah Mawdsley
May 7, 2012 - 2:19am

It’s an Aperture/OS X problem, it usually takes a few weeks for the new RAW converters to be added to software. The D800 is definitely supported, as I use one and have no problem. So I guess as the D800E was shipped a few weeks later, the software has not caught up yet.

As mentioned, you will be better off using the Nikon software at the moment.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness