You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Unintentional mouse scrolling #1
michel.corbin@gmail.com's picture
by michel.corbin@gmail.com
January 25, 2016 - 10:53pm

Using a Magic Mouse or the trackpad I find that the slightest of touches will slide the image I am reviewing left or right. In the OS X settings I have disabled all gestures but it does not change anything. The app is barely usable because of this issue. It is similar in Aperture but somehow it seems to be less sensitive. 

Please help!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 2, 2016 - 7:41pm

I see what you mean, but it's only two-finger touch that slides the image. If you use one finger (to move the mouse, tap, etc.) then it doesn't move. Are you careful about using just one finger? (no jokes about which finger, thanks! hehe)

You're right though that disabling two finger page swipe in the System preferences doesn't turn this off. That surprised me.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

February 2, 2016 - 11:13pm

single finger. And it doesn’t matter where on the Mouse I touch. The lightest of touches does it. I tried setting a two-finger gesture to swipe right or left in the Settings but that didn’t change it. Actually even with it set to two-finger it was only swiping on one finger. I was wrong about the track pad; it works as it should, so I guess that will be my input tool when working in Photos.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
February 4, 2016 - 6:00am

Must be a personal preference. I find the Magic Mouse gestures perfect. I love the way one finger can swipe through the images. I know I’m in the minority at least when grouped with tech pundits. Online I only see/hear people deride the Magic Mouse. I love it.

Sorry I also don’t have an answer for you on how to change the sensitivity. How long have you been using the Magic Mouse? I’ve been using it for several years so maybe I’m just “trained” on it.

Thomas

February 4, 2016 - 7:35pm

Hi Thomas and thank you for taking the time to weigh in on my issue. I have been using the Magic Mouse since it was introduced and except for this issue, I have no complaints about it. I wouldn’t mind the swipe function if it wasn’t so extra sensitive. It’s especially problematic when I try to right-click an image for the contextual menu and it sends the images flying right or left, as if a virtual breeze had come across my desktop.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness