You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tablets for aperture #1
Carlos Soto's picture
by Carlos Soto
June 21, 2012 - 3:36am

Joseph, in one of your lessons you show a tablet that you use for drawing and painting with brushes in aperture.

Can you please recommend one that is a good bang for the buck. I can't really see differences between a 90 dollar one and a 250 one.
What are the important characteristics we must search in the product? the size? the pen? the sliding bar? I don't really know what to look for.
The bamboo tablets have good reviews in amazon but thats is all I know.
What do you think? Please help with a little advice. Thank you in advance

Charles Putnam's picture
by Charles Putnam
June 21, 2012 - 4:56am

Just my 2 cents. Stick with Wacom. The Bamboo tablets are their entry level, Intuos are the mid range, and Cintiq for those pro level or REALLY serious about their photography.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 21, 2012 - 5:09am

Carlos,

Like Charles says, stick with the Wacom brand. I haven’t used a Bamboo in ages but given that there isn’t a lot of special support for tablets in Aperture, that may be sufficient for your needs. However the Intuos line has some very nice features, and the latest one which I recently played with for the first time (mine is very, very old) has LEDs in the tablet itself that change as you change apps (telling you what the shortcut is), are wireless, and much more responsive and accurate. If you can afford it, I’d definitely go for the Intuos.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness