You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Still possible to install Lion 10.7.4 on older MBP - purpose to be able to also install Aperture 3.3.2 which is not compatible with 10.6.8 #1
bob william's picture
by bob william
August 10, 2012 - 5:59am

One of our older MBP's from 2008 is still on 10.6.8 b/c the prime user of it doesn't want to deal with still more technology change (sorry !) but that laptop is also one we take on difficult, somewhat risky trips to process photos daily when we don't want to endanger a newer laptop. Doing so would save me having to upgrade that entire project to 3.3.2 on our “stays-at-home” 2011 laptop now on Lion when I move a project's images from the older laptop to the newer one upon returning home. Given problems I've read about 3.3.2 with 10.8. I'm not sure it's wise to move to Mountain Lion quite yet. I prefer to doing photo processing in my time, not trying to figure out why a relatively new release is causing work flow problems !

I've looked in the App store to try to put 10.7.4 Lion with which I believe 3.3.2 is compatible, onto the older laptop but can't seem to find 10.7.4 in the App Store.

Any other ideas how to solve this dilemma of getting around the older laptop currently being only able to process images in 3.2.4 [ b/c it's still using Snow Leopard] which will cause compatibility issues with the newer laptop once I get home ? I'd like to enjoy the newer benefits of using 3.3.2 on the processing I do evenings in the field on the older laptop.

Thank you

Bob

Bob S.

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
August 10, 2012 - 6:05am

Apple pulled Lion from the app store, pretty much at the same time as they released Mountain Lion.

Only possible way to upgrade to Lion, that i know of, is to look out on eBay for an official Lion usb install key. Apple released them in their stores for people who did not have high enough bandwidth to download Lion from the store.

This is the only way I can think of how you will be able to upgrade, hope someone else might have a better answer for you.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?