You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sort from different cameras? #1
Davidset's picture
by Davidset
November 27, 2012 - 3:15am

What part of the version name, or file name is used within a project to sort by date. I have pics from three different cameras in this project, and need to sort by date. My regular camera pics are together and in order, but the pics from the other two cameras seem scattered. I can't figure out which part of the name on the others to change to get them to slide into correct positions. I have been trying version name changes- do I need to change the file names instead,? And if so how.
Do the names of all cameras have to be the same, for the dates to be used?
Thanks
David

davidset

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
November 27, 2012 - 4:02am

David

Only date is used. You can use the filter to identify photos from the different cameras (EXIF Camera Make or EXIF Camera Model) and you can use the info tab to see what’s in the date and time field for them. If the problem is that the clocks on one or more cameras is out you can select all images for that camera and do Metadata, Adjust Date and Time. It will adjust all of the selected images by the same amount.

However, if you’re saying the other cameras are not in order something spooky is going n and a repair might be in order. Have a look at the files from each camera using the filter and see if you can work out what’s going wrong before you do anything.

d.

d.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness