You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
SmuginPro For A3 Plugin Sloooooow #1
Dustin's picture
by Dustin
July 1, 2012 - 11:36am

Does anyone else have this issue? Right now I'm uploading 17mp JPEG shots and each one is taking around 2/3 minutes to upload.

Tom McKay's picture
by Tom McKay
July 4, 2012 - 1:05pm

I am a SmugMug user. Replaced MobileMe Gallery with it.
There are lots of ways to upload but I use the Aperture plugin (I think its a David Holmes effort) that I downloaded from the site. On the upload screen you can click “alternative downloads’ for a menu of ways to try including LR, AP HTML etc.
Its slow I think but SmugMug’s presentation & variety it really good. Its the class photo site of its kind I think having tried a few before MobileMe closed down.

You never have enough gear!

Michael Ball's picture
by Michael Ball
July 2, 2012 - 4:45am

I don’t use SmugMug, but if I recall there were two different smugmug plugins for AP at one time. I would try doing a few things - check to make sure it’s the most updated version, and then try to delete the Aperture preferences file, and see if that makes things go faster.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 3, 2012 - 4:25pm

Dustin,

Compare it to the upload speed using just a web browser (so you’re using SmugMugs native uploader on their website). Is it much faster? If so, then yeah you have an issue. If not, then that’s just the speed you’re getting.

Be sure to export JPEGs to test upload that are using the same preset that you were using in the upload plugin, and be sure to test both upload methods one right after the other, since internet speed can vary wildly depending on a zillion factors.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?